The best course of action is to do what is known as a Total Recall. A Total Recall will completely wipe the console of its current software version and allow you to then re-install the console software.
Follow the steps below and you will end up with a working console. BUT before you do this procedure save any show files that are on the console as they will be deleted.
1. Download the CDC Console Software
2. Then unzip this file into the route directory of an empty USB stick
3. Plug the USB stick into a USB port on the console, while the console is switched on
4. The Command Centre with the upgrade menu will appear on the main screen
If the Command Centre does not start, connect a USB keyboard to the console:
5. Press the button Explorer
6. Navigate to your USB stick
7. Run the file TotalRecall (this will auto restart the console)
8. Remove USB stick when the console asks you what language it is
9. The console will reboot and say it can not find any software – there will be a large red warning screen, do not worry. It says invalid console because the Total Recall has removed all the console data.
10. Insert the USB stick, the console will reboot again
11. When it starts up wait for the Loader to start
12. Remove the USB and wait for about 5 - 10 seconds and then insert the USB stick. When the Command Centre opens press Program Updater.
13. Then shutdown the console
14. Restart the console. This restart will not work.
15. Press and hold the Power button until the console says it is shutting down
16. On the next start up the console software it will be fully installed